Yoga is a spiritual exercise. It is all about controlling your breathing with body movements. Yoga’s aim is to meditate with relaxation which will promote a good health. A few decades ago, yoga wasn’t so popular. But today, things have changed. Today more and more people are getting attracted to yoga and its benefits. And this is one of the reasons for the establishment of many yoga retreats around the world. Although yoga can be done anywhere like at home on the front porch, in the office where you have open space etc., but for a change try these luxury yoga retreats.
1. Anahata Yoga Retreat, New Zealand: The retreat is located in Golden Bay on top of a mountain which is 640 meters above sea level. The retreat’s location offers magnificent views of the ocean, green valleys and the Farewell Spit. Anahata Yoga Retreat offers its clients daily activities and personal sessions throughout the year. The retreat specialized on Satyananda yoga which borrows numerous traditional yoga systems that is Hatha, Karma, Raja and Bhakti yoga. This place also offers you lodging and camping sites. The meals offered here are organic from Anahata garden itself. The yoga training package range from $75 to $90 per hour depending on the number of sessions in-between. Training packages over one hour range from $95 to $110. Private yoga sessions range from $75 to $120 depending on time and type of trainer.
2. Maya Tulum Retreat, Mexico: This is a seaside yoga retreat. This is the only retreat that offers over 50 yoga events every year. They are famous for their healthy vegetarian meals, day trips, massages, world class spas and some much more. Renting a villa costs between $435 and $623 during the holiday season. Garden cabanas with a magnificent view of the retreats’ garden cost between $255 and $270 during high season.
3. Paradis Plage Yoga, Morocco: This is one of the best yoga retreats in North Africa. This yoga retreat is situated on a private beach. The resort has 3 daily yoga classes including beginner sessions. Because the retreat is located on a private beach, there is no limit to the number of fun activities you can engage in i.e. beach volleyball, water sports, beach walks e.t.c. Accommodation prices start from $238.
4. Absolute Sanctuary Yoga, Thailand: This is one of the places in Thailand that offers you unlimited yoga classes. No other luxurious yoga retreats have such offers worldwide. This means you can take as many classes as you like to enjoy full health benefits. The retreat also offers a wide variety of yoga types from Vinyasa to Ashtanga and Pranayama to Hatha Yoga. A suite costs from $370 during the low season and $517 during the high season.
5. Shreyas Yoga Retreat, India: This place offers you authentic spiritual traditional yoga sessions in an environment normally associated hotels. Shreyas Yoga Retreat is situated on 25 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, organic farming and medicinal herb plantations. The retreats accommodation is world-class with an infinity pool, a steam room, hot tub and walking trails. The retreat offers Hatha and Ashtanga yoga sessions, chanting classes, meditation, massages as well as ayurvedic treatments like abhyanga and shirodhara. Meals are organic. The retreat can accommodate up to 25 guests at a time.
6. The Farm Yoga, Philippines: The Farm Yoga offers complimentary yoga attendance to all its guests interested in improving balance (physical and mental) as well as rejuvenating themselves. The Farm has numerous luxurious villas and suites offering world class accommodation. This place will also offer you with other amenities like golf facilities, healing sanctuaries, fitness facilities, children’s programs.
7. Adler Thermae Yoga, Italy: This yoga retreat is famous for its natural springs and thermal waters. And to top it all, they offer other amenities like world class golfing, tennis, cycling and fusion fitness.