We all have witnessed them grow from kids to big stars, from good to bad. Here is a list of 7 Disney kids that started their acting career from the house of Disney and look where they are.
1. Selena Gomez: Selena started her acting career with Disney’s Wizards of Waverly Place. As Alex Russo, the girl next door, she won millions of hearts. Sadly the show ended and that was here cue out of her Disney image. Following more wholesome movie roles in Ramona and Beezus and Monte Carlo, Selena made the ultimate image change taking on a racier part in the film Spring Breakers.
2. Demi Lovato: Fans fell in love with Demi Lovato in Camp Rock and Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, as well as the series Sonny with a Chance. Later Demi went to rehab for tons of issues. After getting out of the rehab, Demi’s honesty and handwork paved the way for a bright career, including new albums and a judges seat on The X Factor.
3. Lindsay Lohan: We all remember LiLo stealing away our hearts with her adorable twin role in The Parent’s trap. She further went on acting in many Disney movies along with others like Freaky Friday. Lindsay’s star was on the rise when she starred in Mean Girls, but then her star fell, with multiple arrests, including DUI and drug possession and six rehab visits. Lindsay has been on the comeback trail ever since.
4. Miley Cyrus: Hannah Montana star, Miley Cyrus made a mark through her teen comedy show Hannah Montana. She immediately had huge fans following her. The series gradually ended and Miley realised that she should be taken more seriously now. Miley’s approach to putting Disney behind her was distancing herself from her Hannah Montana role as much as possible. Her key to success? Controversy, including her infamous foam finger twerking performance at MTV’s Video Music Awards.
5. Ashley Tisdale: Ashley Tisdale’s acting career started very young, but her role as Maddie Fitzpatrick on The Suite Life of Zach and Cody put her on the map. She went on to play Sharpay Evans in the High School Musical series. Ashley snagged many TV guest starring roles, playing a variety of characters on shows such as Sons of Anarchy, as well as starring on TV’s Hellcats. She went on to star in Scary Movie five, the latest in the popular horror movie spoof franchise.
6. Brenda Song: We all remember her as London Tipton, the rich spoil brat from Suite life of Zack and Cody. The Suite Life on Deck solidified her title as Disney Queen. Brenda forked out after her Disney days, showcasing her acting talent beyond her clueless London character with roles in The Social Network and TV’s New Girl. She also landed a starring role on the Fox comedy Dads.
7. Hilary Duff: Duff turned out to be a genuine Disney star through Lizzie McGuire show. She went on to star in a Lizzie McGuire movie and the channel’s original movie Cadet Kelly. Hilary had one of the easiest transitions from being a Disney star to continually working as an actress, singer and even an author. She’s had her own clothing lines and perfume collections too! And she’s a mom.