Hey! Are you feeling difficulty in breastfeeding your baby? Are you not comfortable when your baby latches on? Well, you need some help! Read this post and know how you can breast feed your baby in a right way.
- If it possible, breast feed your baby within the first hour of birth. First hour breast feeding is not only good for your baby’s health, but for your health as well. Breastfeeding in first hour helps uterus contracts and provides colostrums.
- Keep yourself hydrated so that you can produce enough milk for your little angel. Try to sip a glass of water every time while nursing. This idea helps to keep you hydrated.
- Try to breast feed your little one in a calm and relax environment. Calm and pleasant environment helps lactating mother to produce more milk
- It is very important that your little angel is tummy to tummy with you while breastfeeding. This position makes the baby comfortable to latch.
- If baby opens mouth wide when his cheeks or nose is touched or if he tries to suck hands, it means your baby may be hungry.
- Bring baby to breast. Do not adjust your breast position as per baby position. You can use pillows or cushions to settle down baby’s position. Do not lean down over your little angel for feeding. Always bring baby to breast height.
- Offer milk to baby before he or she starts crying. Crying makes it difficult for a baby to settle down for a good feeding. Apart from this, while crying, baby swallows’ lots of air that can cause stomach aches.
- If baby does not open mouth wide to latch on then teach him by opening your own mouth. According to a research, newborn can mimic facial expression very well.
- For newborns, 8 to 10 feeds is absolutely normal in a dat. If the feed is less than this figure, consult your doctor immediately.
- More feeds means more milksop, to increase the production of breast milk, offers milk whenever baby requests.
- Soreness is very common problem in the initial stage of breastfeeding and there is no need to worry about it. But, if you witnessed pain in your nipples then it is not common and needs immediate attention.
- Try to avoid pacifiers, bottles, nipples or any kind of formula for your kid in the initial stage of breastfeeding until your breast feed is established well. The thrashing pattern of all these things is entirely different from that of nursing. So, the use of all these things might confuse the baby and makes him uncomfortable as well.
- Do not restrict yourself from eating different foods unless your baby witnessed any food allergy. Vomiting, diaper rashes that are difficult to heal, failure to thrive, prolonged crying and so on. If you do not find all these symptoms, it is needless to restrict diet.
- Go for disposable pad or cotton nursing pads that do not have plastic backings. Choose nursing pad that are breathable plus do not trap heat, otherwise it can cause problem.
- If you are a lactating mother, it is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain the supply of breast milk. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables and take complete care of your diet. Rest as much as you can. Avoid alcohol, cigarette and other harmful products as well.
That’s all about the breastfeeding tips for new moms. Hope, you are clear with all the tips. So, follow these simple and easy tips and keep your baby healthy!